Did you know that Hydrogen Peroxide can be used for your everyday life? According to Wise Mind Healthy Body, a website that is geared towards helping people live a healthy life, Hydrogen Peroxide can be used for a variety of everyday routines. Below are 15 unique ways in which Hydrogen Peroxide can enhance your life!
- When it comes to cuts and scratches, hydrogen peroxide is the way to go! Just rub over the infected area and it will clean all the dirt and germs that can get into your cuts.
Contact Lens Solution
- You can use 3% hydrogen peroxide as a temporary contact lens solution. This will even clean your contacts of dirt that has built up on them throughout the day!
Sinus Infection Relief
- Dilated hydrogen peroxide can replace your usual nasal spray and clear up your sinus infection quickly.
- Use 1 tbsp. daily of 3% hydrogen peroxide and you will have whiter teeth in no time!
- Soak the head of your toothbrush in 3% hydrogen peroxide to kill off any germs or bacteria living on your brush.
- Want whiter teeth? Add 1 tbsp. of baking soda and 1 tsp of food grade 3% hydrogen peroxide to use in the place of toothpaste. This will give you whiter teeth and remove any stains.
All- Purpose Cleaners
- You can use hydrogen peroxide to clean your kitchen, bathroom, and even mirrors around your home. Give it a try, I promise you won’t be disappointed!
Laundry Stain Remover
- Use 3% hydrogen peroxide and gently on the stain and allow to sit for no longer than 3 minutes. Do not exceed 3 minutes due to the fact that hydrogen peroxide can bleach if left on for too long. After 3 minutes, rinse garment and you are left with no more stains!
- Whitening your clothes just got better! Add 1 cup of hydrogen peroxide to your load of laundry, allow it to sit for 20-30 minutes and then wash.
Mold and Mildew Cleaner
- Have mold or mildew stains? No worries! Spray 3% hydrogen peroxide and let it stay on for 30 minutes, rinse off, and you have yourself a clean, mold free or mildew area!
- Carpet stains are the worst! Good thing you can use hydrogen peroxide to get stains out. First, spray over the stained area and allow to sit for no more than 3 minutes. Do not exceed 3 minutes because hydrogen peroxide can bleach if left for too long. After 3 minutes, wash off with a towel.
Disinfect Kitchen Sponges and Sinks
- Fill your sink with warm water and ½ cup of hydrogen peroxide and place your sponges in there for 20- minutes. You will be pleased with how clean both your sink and kitchen sponges are!
Natural Fruit and Vegetable Cleaner
- Want to kill unwanted germs that live on your fruits and vegetables? Fill your sink half way with warm water and ¼ cup of food-grade, 3% hydrogen peroxide and let your fruit and vegetable sit for 10-15 minutes. It is recommended to use this technique with thicker skinned fruits such as cucumbers.
Sanitize Cutting Boards
- To get your cutting boards looking clean and disinfected use hydrogen peroxide. Spray on the cutting board and allow to sit for 5 minutes. After, rinse with hot water and you will have yourself sanitized cutting boards.
- The purpose of using hydrogen peroxide to clean your refrigerator is to get rid of unpleasing odors that may take over your fridge. The first step is to remove all food and beverages from the fridge and then spray hydrogen peroxide throughout the inside of the refrigerator and allow it to sit for several minutes. You will then use a clean dish towel to clean up the hydrogen peroxide and place the food and beverages back in the refrigerator. Next step, enjoy the clean odor of your refrigerator!
This week, I encourage you to try a new way of using hydrogen peroxide. Share with us what way you used it and how it enhanced your everyday life!